Friday, November 2, 2012

Meet this Week's LexiCon Spotlight Author, JE Pendleton.



First off, I want to thank you, JE. 
It’s great that you took time from your busy schedule to talk to me.




Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Evelyn, thank you for featuring me on your blog. I am a husband, father and grandfather. An avid reader, I am interested in history, especially WWII and old cars. I was born, raised, and live in Texas.

When and why did you begin writing?
I had written a few short stories before, but nothing more until I started on The Special about eight years ago. I was building an old race car replica and everyone wanted to know where it came from. I started thinking about that and the story took on a life of its own. The characters wouldn't leave me alone until I started writing. They told me the story, I just wrote it down.

What inspires you to write and why?
I like history, always have, I try to visualize what it must have been like to live the events that have become our history. Most of the people I knew in school hated history, but now when I tell them about an historical event they get caught up in the story. I love it when they get hooked, that is why I write, and for myself, of course.

Why did you choose to write this particular book?
I lost my uncle, my Dad's only sibling in WWII. I was born shortly after the war and when I was little I stayed with my grandparents during the day while both my parents worked. My uncle's presence was very strong in their house. I wrote the story of my uncle and the car he built shortly before WWII trying to capture his life as I hoped he lived it.
How did you come up with the title?
The Special is the name of my uncle's race car.

Have you started another book yet?
Yes, I am actively writing what I hope becomes the first volume of a series of historical novels about the origins of WWII. My story starts in China in the early 1930's.

What do you do when you are not writing?
I have six wonderful grandchildren and I try to spend as much time with them as possible. My wife and I love to travel and of course, I have my old cars to piddle with from time to time.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope I see myself with a nearly complete series of historical novels about WWII!

How and where can we purchase your book?
My book is available on Amazon.com in paperback or in Kindle eBook format. 




No comments: