Thursday, November 8, 2012

Meet LexiCon Spotlight Author, K. Latham.



I want to thank you, K., for taking the time to talk with me today.
Thank you for having me. You know, you are my very first online author interview. I admit, I’m a little excited. Ok… a lot excited!!!



Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Well, I am a Native Texan, born and raised. My family has lived in this part of Texas for almost a hundred years, so, my roots here are deep. I have four wonderful children that keep me on my toes and a great guy that puts up with my craziness. Especially, when I am writing, which is most of the time.  My house is a bit of a zoo. I house three dogs (all large breed, but thankfully only one is inside the house), two cats, two bunnies and seven fish…so no matter what time of day I am never alone which suits me just fine.

When did you begin writing?
I began writing seriously in 2009. Before that, I dabbled with short stories and poetry in school. English was the only subject I was ever any good at in school, so my turning out to be a writer wasn’t much of a shock to my family.

What inspires you to write and why?
My daughter inspires me every day. She is the reason I decided to pursue writing back in 2009. I wanted to show her that if you have a dream and you work at it and stick to your guns you can attain it.

What do you do when you are not writing?
I have a full time job in an office and of course my kids, my Love, and the zoo of pets. I am pretty much a homebody. Other than that, I enjoy photography and hope to learn more about the artistic aspect of it as time goes by.

What genre do you write?
I write YA Paranormal.

Why did you choose to write Young Adult Paranormal?
I wanted to write something my kids would read and enjoy. The Young Adult Genre is all about choices and changes in life. I like being able to get on the same level as my readers and let them see that I understand the struggles. Writing Paranormal just makes it more fun, because I am not restrained by reality. I can make the impossible … possible.

How do you come up with the title to your books?
My daughters and luck
With IMMORTAL BEGININGS I was stuck and had no clue what I was going to call it. I wanted the title to tell the reader enough about the book for them to be interested…but I wanted to keep it simple. So, I bounced ideas off of my oldest daughter and sort of fell into the title.
Typically, my books don’t have a title until they are either completely finished or about half way through. By that time, I know the characters well enough to give the book a title.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Most of my novels have a central theme of inner strength. I want the reader to understand that even though the characters are having a rough time accepting what is going on around them, they eventually find the strength to stand tall and be proud of who (and sometimes what) they are.  That no matter how great the obstacle there is always a way to overcome it.

How and where can we purchase your books?
 







Amazon.com   
Barnes & Noble

And coming soon is "Immortal Warriors."

No comments: