Thursday, October 4, 2012

I would like to welcome C. R. Myers



      Thanks, Cat. 
     It's great to have you 
   with us today.
  


Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?  
I’ve always been an avid reader.  At the university I majored in English and Education, so becoming a writer seemed to be a good fit.  I began writing poetry almost as soon as I learned to read and published my first poem in the fifth grade.  I wrote stories in high school and college for anthologies and newsletters.  By the time I was thirty, I had written my first three novels.
 
What inspires you to write and why?   
Interesting ideas.  I never know when or where inspiration will strike.  I don’t have dry periods or writer’s block.  I write because I love writing.    

What books have most influenced your life most?   
The classics.  I began with mythology in grade school.  I’d be hard-pressed to choose any few books to single out as examples.  

Where do you get your ideas? 
Everywhere.  Anytime my mind asks “what if”.

What do you do when you are not writing?
I spend time with my family, and I crochet.  I’ve been crocheting since high school, and for the last few years, I’ve designed my own line of hats and scarves.  

What are your current projects? 
I am excited about two new current projects I'm working on. First of all, I am very excited about my new serial novel, THE HIDDEN—I have written serial novels for newspapers, magazines, and online, but this is my first on Kindle. I love writing them because of the tight writing and high suspense. The second episode is out as well.
The story, told in first-person, centers around a young woman who woke up from a coma with no memories and some unusual abilities. Through the story, she struggles to discover who and what she is as she comes to terms with her special talents. Episode Three will be out soon.


The second project is one started several years ago - a line of children's books. My first one came out today, BEWARE OF THE NOTHINGS. The book, written in rhyme, is targeted to children from 3 to 10, with child readability centering around 2nd - 4th grade.
Tommy is afraid of the dark. His angst is increased when he mother tells him there is "nothing" to be afraid of. "Nothing?" What are nothings? Tommy imagines the worst. 
The book will soon be available in print on October 16th. 

Look for my next two children's books, Dragon Legends:VICTORIOUS VIC, and THE ID.  

Where do you see yourself in five years?   


Writing full time with book lines in several genres. 
  
How and where can we purchase your book?  


No comments: