Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Off Subject

Last weekend I was up in Arkansas at the Literary Festival. I had the privilege of being accompanied by author Brinda Carey. It was great meeting all the other authors and a few very interesting people. Unfortunately the powers-to-be were not as organized as they had been in previous years and they situated all of the venders in a low traffic area. There were many very unhappy authors, especially those who travel from Illinois and Indiana and those who had attended last years festival. For me it was a disappointing in terms book sales, but the networking side was great. Brinda and I found the most wonderful place to eat, the food was delicious and the service was beyond belief. So if you are ever in Little Rock you have to go over and check out Dugan's Pub on 3rd and Rock.

Tomorrow I am off to Alabama for their book fest. I hope they are more organized. I have already received emails from them so I am anticipating a much better turn out. If any of you are in the area of Montgomery, Alabama, stop in and say hello.

I hope to have some new authors ready to guest blog next week when I get back.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you had a blast in Alabama and sold lots of books :)